Computer and internet policy
Patrons may be asked to leave a PC:
- If staff determines that the PC is not being used to conduct legal research or to draft legal documents.
- In order to ensure equitable access to computer resources for all patrons.
Guidelines for Computer Use
- Library computer resources may be used only for the purpose of researching the law.
- Parents or legal guardians assume responsibility for use by children under eighteen (18).
- The Law Library assumes no liability for any loss, damage or injury arising from using the Library's computers.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the currenty or accuracy of information retrieved from the Internet.
- Use of the Law Library's computers to engage in any illegal purpose, including, but not limited to, hacking, misrepresentation, harassment, slander, and violation of Federal copyright laws, is prohibited.
Library users may not:
- Install software or run programs from personal devices, CD-ROMS, or the Internet.
- Reconfigure the hardware, software or system settings.
- Use the computers in any way that damages the hardware, the software, the Library's local network, or the Internet.
- Failure to follow the guidelines set out in this policy will result in the loss of Library and computer privileges.
posting of notices and bulletin board policy
Notices will be removed after the date of the event, or the last date in a series of events. If there is no timed event involved, notices may be removed at the discretion of the San Luis Obispo Law Library.
The following are examples of the kind of notices that are acceptable for posting:
- Notices issued by the San Luis Obispo County Law Library.
- Mandatory Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) seminars that meet California State Bar requirements.
- Announcements from the Judicial Council, Administrative Office of the Courts, or the San Luis Obispo County Superior Court that contain relevant information for law library patrons.
- Announcements from the San Luis Obispo County Bar Association.
The San Luis Obispo County Law Library neither advocates nor endorses the contents contained in any posted notices.